Friday, December 2, 2016

Review: Wucaii by Pembroke Sinclair @PembrokeSinclai

Wucaii
by Pembroke Sinclair
Published June 4th 2016
Published by Pembroke Sinclair
Genre: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance

Blurb

It has been 500 years since Aelana has been home, and a lot has changed in that time--including her. As a half-dragon, half-human hybrid, she has been traveling the universe destroying worlds. Both anxious and excited to return, she wonders what she will find. Her memories of home are filled with pain and loss, especially for her first and only love. She knows he won't be there, but will his memory? Will her anguish remain?

What waits for Aelana on her home world? Find out in this exciting urban fantasy novel by Pembroke Sinclair.


My Review

Aelana, half-human/half-dragon has been around for many, many years. Over the course of the years Aelana’s job been to go from planet to planet to help prepare the people for the upcoming apocalypse. Now the time has come for Aelana’s home planet to be destroyed by the dragons.

The visitors/humans was given the privilege of living on planet earth for a long time until planet earth could no longer take all the damage that the humans have bestowed upon it and must now repair itself.

When Aelana first made the transition from human to half-human/half-dragon she lost the love of her life when he gave his to save her. Aelana has not quite gotten over losing Thoran to this day but she does not intend to make the mistakes today as she did all those years ago. So when she meets Kalen who is Thoran incarnate she hopes to do everything right this time with no regrets to carry with her to the future.

Aelana has returned to earth to help the humans survive the apocalypse. She has given them the knowledge to save their selves if they will only use the information she has given them. The followers and believers of the Wacuii will more than likely do as she has said but others will not.

Now that Aelana has did her part in trying to help the humans all she wants to do is spend as much time as she can with her new friend Kalen until the world ends. But that might be a little hard to do when Kalen is nowhere to be found. With Kalen missing Aelana can’t be still and is determined to find him at all cost. Can she find him before the world ends?

I love a good apocalyptic novel and when I was given the opportunity to read Wucaii I jumped on it. Although Wucaii was way different than any other apocalyptic book I have read I enjoyed it tremendously. If you have not read Wucaii then you are in for a real treat. Pick up your copy today and let Aelana take you on the ride of your life soaring over mountains and waterfalls while trying to save the human race.


 An Interview with Pembroke Sinclair

What inspired you to write Wucaii?
Wucaii began when I was in high school.  I workshopped it through college, then had my confidence shaken, so I put it away for a while.  I attempted to write it for several years, but it wasn’t going anywhere.  Finally, I scrapped what I had and started over.  The story flowed much better after that.
When or at what age did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always enjoyed writing.  When I was in 3rd grade, I had my first book “published.”  The teacher laminated it.  Since then, I’ve just enjoyed telling stories.
What is the earliest age you remember reading your first book?
Oh, gosh.  That’s a tough question.  Maybe kindergarten?  It was a Golden Book, and I remember sitting on my bedroom floor reading through it.  I can’t remember exactly what book it was, but it had a chicken in it.
What genre of books do you enjoy reading?
Sci fi and horror.  I love the Star Wars books (although I’ve fallen really far behind on reading them) and Alien (from the Sigourney Weaver movies) novels are the best.  Quick, predictable reads but just what the doctor ordered for escaping.
What is your favorite book?
I don’t have one favorite books, but I have one that I read over and over again and that’s Alice in Wonderland.
You know I think we all have a favorite author. Who is your favorite author and why?
I have several.  Piers Anthony, Christopher Pike, Milton, C.S. Lewis, and Lewis Carroll—to name a few.  They are just amazing writers.
If you could travel back in time here on earth to any place or time. Where would you go and why?
Can I go to the future when I’m retired and focusing on nothing but writing my books?
When writing a book do you find that writing comes easy for you or is it a difficult task?
Honestly, it depends on the day.  There are good days and bad days.  If the characters decide they want to be talkative, that’s a good day.  However, there’s always editing, so in the end, good and bad days don’t really matter.
Do you have any little fuzzy friends? Like a dog or a cat? Or any pets?
I have several!  I have two Corgis, a black lab, and a rescue kitty named Alia.
What is your "to die for", favorite food/foods to eat?
I like anything with cinnamon in it, and I can’t say no to orange soda.
Do you have any advice for anyone that would like to be an author?

Write what you want to write.  If it doesn’t make you happy, it isn’t worth doing.  And if you’re passionate about what you write, you can get others excited too.



*About Pembroke Sinclair*

Pembroke Sinclair is a literary jack of all trades, playing her hand at multiple genres. She has written an eclectic mix of fiction ranging from horror to sci-fi and even some westerns. Born in Rock Springs, Wyoming--the home of 56 nationalities--it is no wonder Pembroke ended up so creatively diverse. Her fascination with the notions of good and evil, demons and angels, and how the lines blur have inspired her writing. Pembroke lives in Laramie, Wyoming, with her husband, two spirited boys, a black lab named Ryder, and a rescue kitty named Alia, who happens to be the sweetest, most adorable kitty in the world! She cannot say no to dessert, orange soda, or cinnamon. She loves rats and tatts and rock and roll and wants to be an alien queen when she grows up.

You can learn more about Pembroke Sinclair by visiting her at:




*Find the Book*





1 comments:

Pembroke Sinclair said...

Thank you for reading and reviewing my book! I'm glad you enjoyed it!